- Once Educate Staffing has sought confirmation from our expert panel, we proceed with the recruitment process which includes;
- Face-to-face interviews. A sixty minute consultation is conducted to gain an understanding of the candidate’s suitability to work in schools. This includes a skills test and safeguarding questionnaire. Only 73% off candidates pass this stage.
- Qualification and NCTL checks (where applicable) ensuring any overseas qualifications meet the UK equivalent standards.
- Two references as a minimum. All referees are contacted to ensure authenticity of the referee details provided.
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check within the last three years
- Other criminal background checks from overseas if appropriate
- Protection of children act list (POCAL and POVA) checks
- ISA children’s list (formerly List 99) check
- Full identity details including current and former names, date of birth, current proof of address and National Insurance Number. We check all original documents and take copies for our records.
- Eligibility to work confirmation. We sight and copy passport and visa (if applicable) and follow the prevention of illegal working protocol as set out by the UK border and immigration agency
- Fitness to work and occupational health clearance.
- A full history in chronological order since leaving secondary education.
Educate Staffing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Candidates omit to a rigorous recruitment process with Educate Staffing which serves to reduce the risk to schools when employing staff to work with children. When there is concern about an agency worker’s conduct, we adhere to the Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education guidelines, but there are also a number of other policies we refer to when an incident arises or an allegation is made. Every complaint made is followed up and assessed to identify whether this is deemed a safeguarding issue. We ensure wo work in accordance